Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pat Robertson's Probably Going to Hell

I know that a lot of our readers are Christians, as am I. However, there are several things that I cannot stand for, and one is blaming innocent civilians for their own tragic deaths. Pat Robertson has said something unusually morally reprehensible and outrageous.

On his television program, Robertson said that the people of Haiti were cursed because they 'made a pact with the devil' in exchange for independence from France. First, I don't remember this in the history textbooks and L'Overture never said that his country was siding with Satan. Second, France was already caught in a world war against most of the nations of Europe and Haiti did not need the Prince of Darkness's aid. Third, who needs help to beat France? They lost a war to Mexico, for goodness sakes.

Let's not remember that Robertson also blamed the September 11th attacks on us. And I know that people might defend him, but he was dead wrong. 3,000 people died and all he could do was blame gays instead of Osama bin Laden.

So yes, Robertson may be a powerful speaker, but he's likely going to burn.



Bookmark our site!
Subscribe
Bookmark and Share
Consider advertising on our site!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat Robertson may have done some great things in the past....and here it comes...but I think he needs a reality check. If disaster is the vengeful hand of GOD then tell me why China, Saudi Arabia et al ad naseum, are not yet feeling the wrath. I think his logic is a bit flawed and in deference to the Pat Robertson loyalists out there I will leave it at that.

Joe C. said...

Matt, thank you for that takedown of that bile racism. You said it better than me.