Friday, June 4, 2010

What The Hell is Going on In South Carolina?

All hell appears to be breaking loose in the South Carolina Republican primary, with everyone ganging up on Nikki Haley, the front-runner in the race. Haley, who was endorsed by former Alaska governor Sarah Palin, is either a big flirt or the victim of a vicious smear campaign. First, she's been claimed to have had an affair with a blogger, of all people. Next, Haley, of East Indian descent, was called a "raghead" by a fellow Republican. Now there's another claim of a tryst.

"I did not have any intention of going public," Marchant said. "I kept getting calls from different people. I just felt like I owed Andre to disclose it to him. I did not do it until two days after I disclosed it to my wife." 
Marchant said part of the reason he came forward was Haley's categorical denial last week of being unfaithful to her husband. 
"It just gnawed at me to the point I had to confide in my wife and then we both made a joint decision that I was not going to push the issue but that if I was confronted, I was not going to lie about it," Marchant said. 
"It was not an affair. It was just one time," Marchant said. "It was one of those things that happened. ... We just had a one-night indiscretion." 
The one thing that Marchant's claim has is that he apparently had to 'admit' to his wife any wrongdoing. This is starting to get weird. Without evidence, there is nothing to damn Mrs. Haley with, but allegations of this magnitude should come with not only more questions but more proof.

No comments: