Monday, November 3, 2008

Hitchens: McCain Will Lose

Christopher Hitchens, one of my favorite writers and contrarians, has a column declaring the election lost for McCain.

Hitchens is very bright but still endorsed Obama not too long ago, despite the fact that he deeply respects McCain. It can be surmised that Sarah Palin had a lot to do with that.

Some snippets:

The Republican effort deserves to be kicked down the stairs. "It's even worse than Dole in 1996," moaned one of its senior consultants to me. I'd say it was much worse. So I don't feel like hiding behind the usual "too close to call". I think that the swing states will break for Obama and so will some crucial House and Senate races break for the Democrats. And I think the right wing sees it coming as clearly as I do.

Much as I respect and like Hitchens, I really want him to be wrong on this one. So vote! Get people around the area to vote for John McCain!


Also, if you need to search anything on Google, please use the bar below:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He is wrong. This has nothing to do with Dole what so ever, because Clinton was still liked and respected.

Obama is a nobody and people are frightened to death.

The turnout will be massive along both party lines and for two different reasons.

McCain will win the swing states - he just bought it into the polls and media.

SO sad.

PA, OH and FL will go to McCain.

Btw, real polls show Palin being an asset to the ticket.

JD said...

We do not really want McCain to win.

Anonymous said...

Any relation to Lawrence Hitchens?
David A.