Hopefully the early reports of McCain doing better are, in fact, holding true. If not, it appears that this may be the beginning of the Obama Era.
It will most likely last between four and eight years.
So, what do we have to look forward to?
1. Cuts in military spending and cuts on new programs that can save American lives.
2. Raising taxes, most likely also including the middle class.
3. Celebrations in much of the Middle East and Europe.
4. The "repudiation" of the Republican Party, pushed in everyone's face repeatedly.
5. The "end of the Reagan era" repeated constantly.
6. Further expansion of Russia and the buildup of China.
7. You might be called racist for disagreeing with policy.
8. Perhaps the semi-permanent rise of young people voting.
9. More funding for ACORN.
10. A feeling of, "Why didn't we vote for McCain again?"