Monday, March 9, 2009

The Day That Freedom Died (A Parody of American Pie)

I wrote this the night Obama won. I was pretty po'd. So what did I do? I wrote a song! (Sort of)

_____________________________________________________________________
The Day That Freedom Died
(A Parody of American Pie by Don McLean)

A long, long time ago,
I can still remember,
How freedom used to make me smile.

And I knew if it all went wrong,
At least I'd have very this song,
So maybe I'd forget him for a while.

But November made me sicker,
Along with every Obama sticker,
Bad news that the fourth had,
I couldn't help but get sad.

I can't remember if I cried,
When he won although he lied,
I knew there was nowhere to hide,
The day freedom died

So we were singin',
Bye bye to the average Joe guy,
Obama's got the white house and I'm ready to cry,
Them good ol' boys don't mean squat the guy,
Are singin' this'll be the day that I die,
This'll be the day that I die.


Did you care what Wright had said,
Or all the blood that Ayres had shed,
If you even care at all.

Now do you believe in the USA?
That freedom is here to stay,
And will you make America,
Take the fall?

Well I know you're in love with him,
Cause Marxism is your whim,
You both tax and abuse,
To cater to boo hoos.

I was headstrong teenage right wing man,
With a McCain sign and "I think we can"
I knew the shit had hit the fan,
The day freedom died.

CHORUS X 1

I met a guy, who'd had a gun,
But Obama took all his fun,
And I could only turn away.

I went down to the radio,
The one place I knew I could go,
But they had fled that day.

And in the streets people screamed,
Obama won, I was steamed,
But not a word was spoken,
America's heart was broken.

And the three that I admire least,
Obama, Biden and Satan's beast,
Took control when freedom ceased,
The day that freedom died.

CHORUS (Fadeout)



Consider advertising on our site!
Also, if you need to search anything on Google, please use the bar below:

No comments: