I now have a few more suggestions :
- The New York legislature should have term limits. Considering we operate on a different level then the United States Congress, I believe every Assemblymen & Senator should serve 3-5 terms at the most, and that all Executive positions (Governor, Attorney General, etc.) should serve only two terms at the most.
- The New York legislation should introduce a "County sovereignty act", which would allow for the elected officials of any County in the state to have more control of their situation, to be allowed to allow Rifle hunting in Madison county, to lowering taxes - to even, God forbid upping taxes without the legislature having to give approval over every little thing.
- New York officially needs to add the right to bear arms into the official state Constitution, to comply with the federal Constitution that all Americans have the right to bear arms.
- New York needs to cut taxes, across the board, for lower income New Yorkers to higher income New Yorkers, for all businesses, and everywhere in between - as basic math shows, lower taxes = higher revenues for all forms of government.
- End Judicial elections, change to system of Governor appointment, Senate approval, life term.
In short order : Term limits, less State control into County situations, right to bear arms in concurrence with the federal Constitution, and cut taxes - along with reforming the legislative branch of New York.
Legislative proposals : http://jumpinginpools.blogspot.com/2009/07/new-york-needs-to-change-legislative.html
Remember to bookmark our site!
Consider advertising on our site!
Also, if you need to search anything on Google, please use the bar below: