Sunday, February 22, 2009

I'm Still alive

Just letting all the readers at Jumping in Pools know that I am not dead yet.

A few random thoughts:

I didn't watch the Oscars, so I don't know of anyone who won (hoped Heath Ledger for Dark Knight). I find the Oscars a little cheesy anyway.

I think Butler's win against Davidson on Saturday put Butler squarely in the field of 65 for March Madness. However, I think Davidson and the nation's leading scorer, Stephen Curry-the darlings of the 2008 tournament need to win the Southern Conference to go dancing again.

Likud's win in the Israeli elections marks another step back in the Mideast peace process. Its leader, Benjamin Netanyahu, has never stated a two-state solution could be acceptable. Even worse, the new coalition includes Yisrael Beytenu, a right-wing party which called for Israel's Arab population to submit their loyalty to Jewish symbols. This development and the radicalization of Palestinians under Hamas will make peace in Israel unlikely during the next few years. However, Israel's peace deal with Egypt was signed under a Likud government, so there is always hope for peace.

That's all for now.



Also, if you need to search anything on Google, please use the bar below:

No comments: