Friday, February 20, 2009

Lucky Woman Finds 1969 Baseball Card

Housewife Marion Jennings of Palo Alto, California, thought that she led a perfectly normal American life before finding what she calls an "astounding" find last Tuesday.

Jennings, 38, was looking through the family attic, looking for an old snorkel when she opened a small cardboard box.

"It was so inviting and full of mystery," she said, "It was like a prize ready to be opened."

When Jennings opened the box, she saw some old photographs and cancelled checks. However, underneath was the find of her lifetime.

"There was a small little card with a baseball player on it. I didn't know what it was, so I asked my neighbor, Sue [Langan]. Sue said it was a baseball card and it was probably worth a lot of money."

Upon further inspection, the two housewives determined that the card in suspect was an authentic 1969 Topps card of Mickey Lolich.

"It's just amazing." Langan said, "I can't believe that this was in Marion's house!"

Jennings is planning on selling the card on eBay by the end of next week.

"If I could get a couple thousand for it, I'd feel okay. But I'd like to get over a hundred thousand if possible."

Interested bidders should email the author. Mrs. Jennings stated that she will not accept less than $5,000 for the item.

"I'd like to buy that new artificial fireplace that Ken said I couldn't get. I'll show that smug bastard yet."

Also, if you need to search anything on Google, please use the bar below:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That card is available on ebay for $1.25 and $3.00 for S & H....

She must be another delusional Obama supporter!

Anonymous said...

Mickey Lolich? His rookie card is only 20 bucks! What's your source for this story? I can't believe it actually went to press.