Monday, February 9, 2009

Obama: 'There are no Earmarks in the Stimulus Bill'

In his press conference tonight, our President Barack Obama said that there were no earmarks in the Stimulus Bill. Can I just ask for a moment and laugh?

HaHaHaHaHahahahahahahahahahah

Okay, now that I'm done laughing, I may need to cry some, because anyone with any sense at all knows that this bill is piled high with earmarks. It is piled high with pork, it is piled high with earmarks, it is piled high with crap. We should give our President the benefit of the doubt, but I cannot here. No earmarks? Sounds like a lie to me.

Later in the speech, he even tried desperately to differentiate "pork" from "earmarks." My God, I'm started to get scared.

He went on to say that those who do not support the bill are in favor of not doing anything. He says some of them are even "revisionist historians." Mr. President, are you serious? He also said the bill was 'saving taxpayers money.' Seriously? Spending $800,000,000,000 saves us money?

I think I'm going to be sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you may be mistaken as to what an earmark is. An earmark is additional spending attached to a portion of a bill that sends money to a group or project that is not needed, nor has much in common with the original bill. This stimulus package is just straight wasteful spending