My whole Family has backed my decision to enlist 100%; as have most of my friends and members of the Young Republicans Club that I helped to found, though I must admit that non-relatives question why I'm joining more than relatives, thus the reason I'm writing this two-part series of articles.
Let me start with the reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with me enlisting in the US Navy this Fall:
1. College Benefits - I am not joining the US Navy for College Benefits, and even if I ever do decide to enroll in any college in the future (doubt it), I will never accept a dime from the Navy. I'm in this to serve, not to milk.
2. Boredom - I am not joining the US Navy because I lead a boring life, or because I'm a lush, or because I have nothing better to do with my life. But I am rather pleased that I do not have a job to hinder me from serving in the Military.
3. Chicks - Unlike some about my age, I'm not a shallow person who obsesses over chicks and sex. Serving your Nation should have absolutely nothing to with impressing or sleeping with the opposite sex. Infact - I believe women* in the Military are a distraction to the 90% of Armed Forces who are men.
Moving on with the reasoning behind why I'm not enlisting in the other branches of the Armed Forces:
1. National Guard - I hate everything about the National Guard in relation to their "service". I believe in serving your Nation full time, and not just on the weekends, or when there's a violent ice storm 50 miles away.
2. Reserves - Everything I wrote in reason (1), with the exception of violent ice storms.
3. Air Force - I'm not a mechanic. I don't want to fly, and I prefer to actually do something in service for America, besides for flying in circle, after circle, after circle - waiting for an order to bomb a cave.
4. Army - I admire the Army, but it's just not for me.
5. Marines - I believe with all my heart that the Marines are the best of the best in our Armed Forces, no questions asked. Which is why I will not be enlisting with them; I know that I'm not Marine material, and there's no point of trying - the truth is the truth.
Stay tuned for Part 2 of Why I'm joining the US Navy, which should be published tomorrow.
* - Plus, allowing men and women to live and sleep with one another in tight Ship and Submarine quarters is just asking for trouble - if you ask for my humble opinion.
Consider advertising on our site!