Saturday, June 26, 2010

Is something wrong with me?

I think there might be something wrong with me: I actually cared more about the longest Tennis match in history ongoing last week, than Team USA taking on some African Nation in the sport I without a doubt hate. Can you believe that! Is there something wrong with me?

I always support Team USA - in Baseball (USA, USA, USA!), in Basketball (USA, USA, USA!), in Football (Like anyone can compete with us in Football), in Hockey (USA, USA, USA!), in Tennis (USA, USA, USA!), in Golf (USA, USA, USA!), in Bobsledding (USA, USA, USA!), etc. etc. etc.

However, I have such a hatred, indifference, and lack of desire for Soccer, that I could not care less about Team USA versus Ghana, Morocco, or any other Nation for the matter; who gives a damn? It's the worst game ever invented in human history (next to Seinfeld Scene It)!

Once again, is there something wrong with me?

I don't think there is, but I can never be sure.

Note to Team USA - It's nothing personal, I just really hate a sport that has less scoring over the course of 100 minutes, than the NFL does in just 5 minutes.

Subscribe

Bookmark and Share
Consider advertising on our site!

7 comments:

Editor said...

You don't like soccer. That doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with you. It just means that you're an American!

Editor said...

No my question is this - I prefer a Tennis match over cheering for Team USA...........never in a 100 million years would that happen in any other sport!

When it comes to soccer, I could really care less about Team USA, does that mean there's something wrong with me?

Paul Mitchell said...

I prefer competitive knitting to soccer, but I was at every damn one of my boy's games. I hate that kid for putting me through that.

Anonymous said...

What about Rugby? Do you support team USA then. PS it is a bit like football with no ad breaks.

African Moondog

Harrison said...

There's less scoring in soccer than at a Sadie Hawkins dance.

Stogie said...

I never watched a single game of the World Cup matches. Soccer is boring. My kids all played baseball.

Fenway_Nation said...

I take it then you didn't pay the soccer hall of fame over in Oneonta a visit before it shut down then?