Saturday, October 31, 2009

Scozzafava Drops Out

We have some breaking news.

NY Assemblywoman Dede Scozzafava, running in the race for the NY-23 Congressional district, has dropped out of the race. She was competing against Democrat Bill Owens and Conservative Doug Hoffman. Scozzafava was shown in a recent poll to have just 20% of the electorate and showed Hoffman and Owens neck-and-neck.

It has been speculated that Scozzafava will endorse her former opponent Hoffman, although there is no confirmation on this. Check out our interview with Doug Hoffman, posted last week.

In her statement, she said:

"Today, I again seek to act for the good of our community," Ms. Scozzafava wrote in a letter to friends and supporters. "It is increasingly clear that pressure is mounting on many of my supporters to shift their support. Consequently, I hereby release those individuals who have endorsed and supported my campaign to transfer their support as they see fit to do so. I am and have always been a proud Republican. It is my hope that with my actions today, my party will emerge stronger and our district and our nation can take an important step towards restoring the enduring strength and economic prosperity that has defined us for generations."

Bookmark our site!
Subscribe
Bookmark and Share
Consider advertising on our site!

No comments: