So I just wanted to state clearly: thank God for George W. Bush. I don't care if what religion or lack of religion you have, but we must appreciate the fact that Bush pulled out the stops in order to make sure that it wouldn't happen again.
And it didn't.
- 'Enhanced interrogation' got information about future attacks.
- Attacking Afghanistan displaced the Taliban and severely damaged al Qaeda.
- Targeted attacks in Pakistan killed al Qaeda leaders.
- CIA work captured Khalid Sheik Mohammed, the planner of the atrocity.
- The invasion of Iraq tempted thousands of Islamists to fight American, international, and Iraqi forces. Most of them are dead or detained today.
- Increased security at airports and mass transit stations.
- Due to fear of attack, Libya renounced terrorism and WMD.
- Lebanon threw off Syrian tyranny, with US support.
- The people of Iraq attacked al Qaeda and with help from American forces, threw them out.
- Iraq and Afghanistan are democracies, giving the people of the Muslim world an alternative to groups like Hezbollah.
- President Bush actively supported Israel, who attacked Islamist terrorists regularly.
As Phil Hendrie once said in the aftermath of the 2005 London bombings: "Thank God for President Bush. At this particular time in our history? Thank freaking God for that guy."
Bookmark our site!
advertising on our site!