Thursday, June 3, 2010

Interview With the Daley Gator

Jumping in Pools is proud to present interview number 93 in our ongoing interview series. Today we're interviewing Doug of the Daley Gator, one of our favorite blogs and one of the best conservative sites on the net. So make sure you check them out and bookmark them!


1. When and why did you start the Daley Gator?
 
In June of 2008, it was Michelle Malkin and Hot Air that inspired me to start a blog. I had been writing columns for about ten years, and just felt I could do more good through a blog. I contacted Ed Daley, and he agreed to do the blog with me. It has been growingb steadily, and we have made a lot of very nice blogging friends along the way.

2. Has President Obama been better/worse than you expected?
 
He has been about what I expected. He is a radical, left-wing idealist. I would say he is more incompetent than I expected. I expected incompetence but come on! One thing about him I was surprised by is how driven to implement change to America. He is willing to be a one term president to alter the nation. That is scary. He campaigned on "fundamentally changing America" and the changes he seeks are disatrous.

3. Any favorites for 2012 yet?
 
I like Jim DeMint, and Chris Christie. John Boehner shows me a lot as well. A couple of candidates no one mentions are Rick Perry. and Jeri Thompson, I think she could be great. Another person I hope runs at some point is Liz Cheney.

4. What's the best part about running your site?
 
The feeling that I and Ed are actually making an impact. I also enjoy doing my podcasts, which I just started this week. Blogging is a job for me, but also it has to be fun. Writing columnms became a chore, and that burned me out. I want to make sure I always enjoy blogging. I put the MP3 headphones on, and just go to town! Another thing I love is that I can make the points that all the talking heads miss. It can be frustrating to tune in to talk radio and hear the host talking about a story I blogged about three days before. This is why I eventually want my own radio gig.

5. Who has been your favorite DaleyBabe so far?
 
Wel I just finished my Top 25 babes of all time, and #1 was Lisa Marie Scott. Not that famous, but absolutey amazing.

6. Anything else you'd like to add?
 
Just a lot of thanks to all the readers, subscribers, and especially all those bloggers that have helped me out. Michell Malkin, my "blogging role model" Stacy McCain and Smitty of The Other McCain have been great. There are so many more like Bob Belvedere of Camp of the Saints, and the Washington Rebel, The Classic Liberal. They have ben tremendous. And of course to Ed Daley, an incredible talent and patriot. No better co-blogger out there!


http://thedaleygator.wordpress.com/

Bookmark our site! Subscribe
Bookmark and Share
Consider advertising on our site!

No comments: