Beloit College has released their 13th annual "College Mindset List" for their current freshmen class, which is due to graduate in 2014. This one is a little personal for me, since it's dealing with folks who were born and have grown up in my era, and I must admit that some of the "Mindset" does on a rare occasion describe me, but not all of it.
Here are some of the better portions of the List, and my reactions.
1. Few in the class know how to write in cursive.
I know how to write in cursive, but not well.
2. Email is just too slow, and they seldom if ever use snail mail.
Email to slow? BS. What's wrong with snail mail? Nothing.
4. Al Gore has always been animated.
Al Gore has always been a liar, such as Jim Carey is.
12. Clint Eastwood is better known as a sensitive director than as Dirty Harry.
He's a badass in Dirty Harry, plus Gran Torino came out just 2 years ago.
23. Leasing has always allowed the folks to upgrade their tastes in cars.
Which has led to a "upgrade" in American debt.
27. Computers have never lacked a CD-ROM disk drive.
My first PC only accepted a "floppy disk". Damn, I'm old.
32. Czechoslovakia has never existed.
True, but it thrives within me. I'm Czechoslovakian.
42. Potato has always ended in an “e” in New Jersey per vice presidential edict.
And "JOBS" has always been spelt with 3 letters.
43. Russians and Americans have always been living together in space.
As best demonstrated by the movie "Armageddon".
58. Beethoven has always been a dog.
Except to those who appreciate Classical Music, such as me.
60. Walmart has never sold handguns over the counter in the lower 48.
64. The U.S, Canada, and Mexico have always agreed to trade freely.
Except for the millions of illegals traded to the United States.
65. They first met Michelangelo when he was just a computer virus.
That's a little sad. History is not what it use to be.
67. Ruth Bader Ginsburg has always sat on the Supreme Court.
Is this something to be proud of? She's horrendous!
68. They have never worried about a Russian missile strike on the U.S.
No..........Just about Islamic nutjobs blowing up thousands of US citizens at the local shopping center.
69. The Post Office has always been going broke.
When hasn't it?
74. They’ve always been able to blast off with the Sci-Fi Channel.
Nothing like watching reruns of The Twilight Zone and Jericho.
advertising on our site!