Sunday, August 22, 2010

Interview with Bob McCarty

 Jumping in Pools is proud to present its 109th interview in our ongoing series. Today we are interviewing Bob McCarty who runs a site of the same name. Bob is a military veteran and has been featured all over the web, including on the list of the 100 most influential conservative sites. Be sure to check out his site and bookmark!

 1. When and why did you start Bob McCarty Writes?  

After working in a variety of communications-related capacities during my first 20 years of professional life, I was intrigued by the possibilities offered by full-time blogging.  In short, it allowed me to put to use many of the talents I had developed over the years in one venue with myriad expansion/monetization options.

2. What was your proudest moment in the military? 

I don't know that I can narrow it down to just one, because two events stand out:  First, I survived Officer Training School as one of 300 people to complete the course which saw 600 people wash out; and, second, I earned a regular commission at my first post-OTS opportunity.  More than anything, though, I was proud to wear the uniform in a number of overseas locations.

3. Could you tell us about some political campaigns that you have worked on?  

I managed congressional campaigns for two first-time hopefuls -- both very conservative -- in Oklahoma's 6th and 4th Congressional Districts during the early '90s.  Unfortunately, neither of my candidates won.  In the first race, my candidate finished with 20 percent of the primary votes in a race that included three sitting state legislators.  In the second race, my candidate lost to J.C. Watts.  Enough said.

4. What is the best part about running your site?  

Control.

5. Has President Obama been better or worse than you expected/feared?  

Worse.  I don't think anyone on the right could have predicted he would do so much, so quickly and so badly.

6. Would you support a "RINO" against Obama in 2012?  

I would support a wild pig if it was running against Obama.



Don't forget to comment and to bookmark our site! Subscribe
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

The Lonely Conservative said...

Love the quote about supporting a wild pig. I do believe a wild pig would do a better job!