Friday, August 20, 2010

Things I've Learned About Massachusetts

I spent the last few days in Massachusetts and in that time I noticed some interesting things.  This is actually what I encountered:

  • Almost no one in Massachusetts uses blinkers.  If one-quarter did, I would be surprised.
  • Almost everyone in Massachusetts stopped for pedestrians, even if they were driving moderately fast.
  • The stop light system there is terrible.  Really, it isn't even a "stop" light system, it's more of a blinking light system; some blink red, some yellow, and some green (like New York).  Compared to N.Y. however, there are many more blinkers than actual stop lights.
  • Massachusetts drivers yield a lot, much more than those in New York.  Need to make a turn?  Most drivers will let you go.
  • The residents of Rockport, Gloucester, Boston, and Salem were much more fit compared to the average person in New York.
  • Very few people seemed to smoke in Massachusetts.


Don't forget to comment and to bookmark our site! Subscribe
Bookmark and Share
Consider advertising on our site!

3 comments:

Robert said...

I spent some time up there at Ft. Devens. Worcester (I think that's how it's spelled) was great to us military guys. That's saying a lot considering most of us were obnoxious drunks.

Fenway_Nation said...

My uncle was compaining about the abrupt changes of speed limits during his trek from upstate NY to my former neck of the woods, which given his penchant for avoiding toll roads meant he came over either via US 20 or MA-9.

This is despite the fact that the Turnpike is now free between the NY state line and Springfield.

Mr. d said...

I noticed the same things when I went to Massachusetts!