One major event (Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally) and one important election (West Virginia's Senatorial Primaries) will take place on this unusually news packed Saturday. Unfortunately, I will be mastering (bow) hunting classes all this morning and afternoon, which leaves me without the opportunity to live blog either news worthy-new story.
So here are some notes and thoughts on both stories.
"Restoring Honor" notes:
1. Albert Pujols will be attending Beck's rally this morning/afternoon.
2. The rally will be broadcast on C-SPAN from 10:00 AM to 12:45 PM.
3. The attendance could be anywhere from 100,000 to 300,000 today.
"Restoring Honor" thoughts:
As long as Beck's message remains apolitical and on "Content of Character", I have absolutely no problem with his rally at the Lincoln Memorial today.
West Virginia Primary notes:
1. Joe Manchin will win the Democratic Primary with ease (65% of vote).
2. John Raese should win the GOP Nomination, such as he did back in '96.
3. Voter turnout is expected to be weak: "in the low to mid-20 point range".
4. The polls will be open for regular voting between 6:30 AM and 7:30 PM.
West Virginia Primary thoughts:
VOTE! This election is very important, and it offers Republicans a shot at a long considered "safe seat", even if that shot is long.
Consider advertising on our site!