Saturday, March 20, 2010

Congressman Bishop to support health care.

Congressman Sanford Bishop of Georgia's second congressional district (D+1) announced his support for the health care legislation that will be voted on tomorrow afternoon. Congressman Bishop was undecided for a few weeks over whether or not the current legislation was deserving of his support, but decided that it was last night.

“I have decided to support the health reform legislation because it represents an historic opportunity to make health care more accessible and affordable now and into the future,” Bishop said. “I base this decision not on what is popular, but on what I believe is in the best interest for Georgia’s Second Congressional District both in the short and long-term.

“Throughout this process, I have solicited the views of people both supporting and opposing health care reform. I have heard from doctors and patients, small business owners and the CEOs of large corporations, as well as residents of rural and urban areas. I also have heard from the healthy and the sick, the young and the old, and the rich and the poor. I thank each of you who shared your views with me, and I have listened to your opinions."


This should come as no surprise, as the supposed bluedog Democrat Congressman supported the initial health care legislation in November, and has served as a stooge for the Pelosi & Obama Administration's. This doesn't hurt us in the final vote, but it doesn't help us either.

Congressman Bishop contact Information:

Washington phone number - 202-225-3631
Washington fax number - 202-225-2203
Columbus phone number - 706-320-9477
Columbus fax number - 706-320-9479

Bookmark our site!
Subscribe


No comments: