Proposition 8 was struck down in federal court last week, and as I'm sure most will figure out in this article, I was not pleased about the decision on several grounds. So I'll appreciate it if you will stick around for the entire article, and my complete thoughts on the ruling by Judge Walker.
1. Judge Walker has just ruled that 5,000 documented years of civilization, and it's position on a sacred institution we call Marriage, doesn't matter and doesn't count. It's equal to a practice that can only be described as unnatural and nontraditional, not to mention immoral.
2. Judge Walker, a single man sitting on the Judiciary, has just overruled the votes of 7,001,084 American Citizens during a Constitutional and legitimate referendum in the state of California. If there was ever a case where the Judiciary held too much power over the common man, this is it.
3. This ruling represents the second time that the Citizens of California have had their voices silenced, and their will openly ignored on one of the most culturally significant issues of our human existence by activist judges and politicians.
4. President George H. W. Bush has now had the honour of Nominating two horrendous Judges to the federal judiciary. His record as an Republican President on this subject can only be matched by Richard Nixon, and that's saying something.
5. With this ruling, the original purpose of the 14th Amendment, which was passed to protect the rights and freedoms of our newly freed Black citizenry has been distorted to cover issues that no one could ever imagine would have happened back in the 1800's. Issues that were reserved only for the states.
Any thoughts on my thoughts?
advertising on our site!