Friday, March 12, 2010

VOTE: Religion and Politics.

VOTE in our included poll.

How does Religion influence your political beliefs? I believe that to be a crucial question, because our Founding Fathers believed that without Virtue, Religion, and God, our Constitution would never survive.

For me, as a Evangelical Christian who doesn't align himself with one denomination or the other, Religion is crucial to the political beliefs that I hold, though their most expressed with my social Conservatism on Marriage, Abortion, etc.

What say you?

Also, I agree with the Founding Fathers on the basis that without a moral, religious, and virtue based populace, America cannot stand for long. Our nation was founded on the belief - that we received all of our rights from God, what happens when our citizens no longer believe that?



Bookmark our site!
Subscribe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's undeniable that it affects politics.

I'm a registered republican because the platform of the party is consistent with my beliefs. The trouble is,many of the elected republican officials don't seem to share those beliefs. And I've had just about enough. I'll probably vote with the constitution party when I get a chance.

The fight between beck an limbaugh about whether there is a difference between dems and republicans was interesting. In my view, they're both right. In the short term, republicans are different. In the long term, they're going to go along with the big atheist, welfare state. If one just looks at history, it's undeniable in my view.

Then we move on to a notion I've held and is still the reason most use to vote republican. "Hold your nose and vote" because the democrats are worse. Then, change the party from the inside. Right. Uh-huh. Give them your vote and Then, they'll change. Stupid. I think even an infant would know that they'd be more likely to change if we Withheld our votes from them.

Constitution party, here I come.

The Lonely Conservative said...

I voted no, but I am religious. But thinking about it, I'd say my Catholic upbringing probably influences many aspects of my life that I don't even think about. So maybe I should have voted yes.