Saturday, January 30, 2010

Interview: Manhattan Infidel

Jumping in Pools is proud to present number 54 in our ongoing interview series. This time around, we're asking the questions of Manhattan Infidel, a fine political satire site from the awesome part of the web. So I'd like for all of you to check out his site and subscribe if you like it.

1. When/why did I start Manhattan Infidel?

I started it last February (coming up on my first anniversary - no word yet on whether Congress will give me some sort of award). I started it because I felt I had some things I'd like to say and, working nights as I do for a television network that shall remain nameless (nothing glamorous, just run of the mill Help Desk), I had lots of time on my hands. I started it basically to keep myself sane. Whether it's worked or not that's a question for greater minds than mine. As for the name - two reasons. 1 - It had a nice ring. An Infidel is a nonbeliever and as a libertarian in the heart of liberal Manhattan I am considered a nonbeliever by my liberal friends. 2 - I checked and nakedmeganfox.com was already taken.

2. Why satire?

It's basically the only kind of writing I'm good at. Plus, I didn't want to get too heavy. In going around the blogosphere I noticed so much anger. Liberals angry at Conservatives. Conservatives angry at liberals. And, while I do write about politics from a right of center bent, I wanted to create a site that was hopefully funny and entertain people and not vent. I hopefully haven't written an angry post. To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog day - "Don't write angry."

3. My favorite post so far?

It would have to be the post from May 22nd - "Tickle me Elmo 'Tired of this shit" though the one from August 26th - "Nixon Watergate Tape 18 1/2 Minute Gap Finally Revealed" is a close second. Have I received any negative attention? Not from any comments on the site. Though I did get an angry expletive filled email from a friend of mine about a post. (We have since cleared things up.)

4. Has Barack Obama been a better or worse President than I expected?

He's been what I expected, neither better or worse. I didn't vote for him and thought he was too liberal. It's still early. He could surprise us and move to the center like Bill Clinton. That would be nice. Will he do it? I don't know. My personal opinion is that if he moves to the center he has a chance of being a better President.

5. What would I do for a klondike bar?

Well, seeing that I have a category on my blog dedicated to the Yankees (I'm a bleacher creature) I'd have to say I'd root for the Red Sox for a klondike bar.

6. What's the best thing about running my site?

It would be getting a chance to express myself. That and contact with other bloggers.

7. Anything else I'd like to add?


I've never been good at math. I once met Sonny Bono. I have plantar fasciitis. I think that covers it.

http://manhattaninfidel.com/

Bookmark our site!
Subscribe
Bookmark and Share
Consider advertising on our site!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't get enough of the Manhattan Infidel! Thanks for the interview!

Harrison said...

Moving to the center is great, ignoring terrorism like Bill did and making our country pay for that is not.